CONNECTED HOME CARE, LLC
User Terms of Service
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Connected Home Care ("CHC") welcomes you to its online community. CHC provides this service (the “Service”) to you (“You”) via its web site (the “Site”), subject to the following Terms of Service ("TOS"), which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. You can review the most current version of the TOS at any time on this page. In addition, when using particular CHC owned or operated services, you shall be subject to any posted policies, guidelines or rules applicable to such services. All such policies, guidelines and rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the TOS. You further agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in this TOS, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
- DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Site is a communications platform for enabling the connection between individuals and their families receiving elder care services ("Elders") and Connected Home Care, LLC, (CHC), a provider of elder home care services. The terms of service for CHC’s home elder care services are governed by a written agreement signed by you and CHC in advance of the delivery of home elder care services. That agreement is independent of this Terms of Service agreement, which governs use of and services offered via the CHCC web site at http://connectedhomecare.com.
Our services are available only to individuals and companies that can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, our services are not available to minors under the age of eighteen (18) or to anyone who may not legally work within the jurisdiction of the United States. By requesting to use, registering to use and/or using the Site, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and you commit to abide by all of the terms and conditions hereof.
NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, CHC DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY MISSTATEMENTS AND/OR MISREPRESENTATIONS MADE BY ANY USERS OF THE SITE. USERS DO HEREBY REPRESENT, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO HOLD CHC HARMLESS FOR ANY MISSTATEMENTS AND/OR MISREPRESENTATIONS MADE BY ANY USERS OF THIS SITE.
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages and/or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted via the Service, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not CHC, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. CHC does not control the Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will CHC be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
You acknowledge that CHC may or may not pre-screen Content, but that CHC and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or move any Content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, CHC and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any Content created by CHC or submitted to CHC, including without limitation information in CHC Family Groups (see the definition in Section 7 below), and in all other parts of the Service.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that CHC may access, preserve, and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation, or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOS; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third-parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of CHC, its users, and the public.
- APPROPRIATE CONDUCT
You agree that you are responsible for your own conduct and communications while using the Service and for any consequences thereof. You agree to use the Service only to send and receive messages and material that are legal and proper. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Service, you will not:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- post any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene, libelous or unlawful Content;
- post any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any party (the "Rights"), unless you are the owner of the Rights or have the permission of the owner to post such Content;
- post messages that promote pyramid schemes, chain letters or disruptive commercial messages or advertisements;
- download any file posted by another user that you know, or reasonably should know cannot be legally distributed in such manner;
- impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is posted;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Service;
- use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose including but not limited to distributing spam;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Service;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Service or collect information about users for any unauthorized purpose;
- submit Content that falsely expresses or implies that such Content is sponsored or endorsed by CHC;
- create Member accounts (see Section 6 below) by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities or promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature; or
- engage in “ad slamming” of any nature, including the repeated clicking on advertisements to increase potential earnings to you as a publisher, to increase potential costs to an advertiser, or for any reason other than viewing an advertisements as a potential consumer.
International users agree to comply with their own local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content, including laws regulating the export of data to the United States or your country of residence.
While CHC prohibits the conduct and Content described above in connection with the Service, you understand and agree that you nonetheless may be exposed to such conduct and/or Content and that you use the Service at your own risk.
8.REGISTRATION AND MEMBERSHIP
In order to use certain aspects of the Service, you are required to register and establish an online account with CHC. We refer to registered users as members (“Members”) and subject Members to the following specific terms:
- In consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service's registration form (such information being the "Registration Data") and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or CHC has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, CHC has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse your current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
- You will receive a password and account designation upon completing the Service's registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (i) immediately notify CHC of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (ii) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. CHC cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section 8.
- CHC does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service. However, with respect to such Content (including but not limited to articles, comments, photos, graphics, audio, or video you submit or make available), you grant CHC a world-wide, royalty free, perpetual, unlimited, and non-exclusive license(s) to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works, publicly perform and publicly display such Content via the Service or on any other CHC property. CHC reserves the right to syndicate the Content submitted, posted, and/or displayed by you and to use that Content in connection with other services offered by CHC.
- You agree that CHC may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your CHC account, any associated email address, any associated username, and/or access to the Service. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to, (i) breaches or violations of the TOS or other incorporated agreements, guidelines, policies or rules, (ii) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (iii) unexpected technical or security issues or problems, (iv) extended periods of inactivity, (v) your engagement in fraudulent or illegal activities, and/or (vi) nonpayment of any fees owed by you in connection with the Service. Termination of your CHC account includes (a) removal of access to all offerings within the Service, including but not limited to the CHC Care Groups, (b) deletion of your password, username and all related information, files and Content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof), and (c) barring further use of the Service. Further, you agree that all terminations for cause shall be made in CHC's sole discretion and that CHC shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your account, any associated email address, username or access to the Service.
- You agree that your CHC Member account is non-transferable and any rights to your CHC password, username or account information or Content within your Member account terminate upon your death. Upon receipt of a copy of a death certificate, your Member account may be terminated and all Content therein permanently deleted.
9.CHC FAMILY GROUPS
- Family Group Leader’s Rights and Responsibilities. CHC Family Care Group leaders (“Family Group Leaders”) have additional capabilities and responsibilities in regard to the participants and Content of a CHC Family Care Group. The Family Group Leader decides who, other than CHC paid employees, may be a participant of the CHC Family Group and can access and change the participant list in his or her sole discretion. A Family Group Leader may, at any time, transfer his or her ownership of a CHC Care Group to another Member. In regard to Content, a Group Leader shall be responsible for the maintenance and monitoring of the Content in the CHC Care Group, including discontinuing any CHC Care Group and its Content and/or archived Content at any time and in his or her sole discretion.
- SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
You agree to indemnify and hold CHC, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.
- NO RESALE OF SERVICE
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service (including your CHC username) or Content you do not own, use of the Service or Content you do not own, or access to the Service or Content you do not own, without the express written consent of CHC.
- GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE
You acknowledge that CHC may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Service, including without limitation the maximum number of days that email messages, message board postings or other uploaded Content will be retained by the Service, the maximum number of email messages that may be sent from or received by an account on the Service, the maximum size of any email message that may be sent from or received by an account on the Service, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on CHC's servers on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Service in a given period of time. You agree that CHC has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by the Service. You acknowledge that CHC reserves the right to log off accounts and deactivate usernames that are inactive for an extended period of time. You further acknowledge that CHC reserves the right to modify these general practices and limits from time to time.
- MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
CHC reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that CHC shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- DEALINGS WITH ADVERTISERS
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers (if any) found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services from Providers, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that CHC shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because CHC has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that CHC is not responsible for the availability of such links, external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that CHC shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such links, site or resource, or any failures and/or disruption to your computer system that results from your use of any such links.
- CHC'S PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
You acknowledge and agree that the Service and any necessary software used in connection with the Service ("Software") contain proprietary and confidential information that is the property of CHC and its licensors and is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in advertisements or information presented to you through the Service or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by CHC or advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the Software, in whole or in part.
CHC grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and license to use the Service and Software on a single computer; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. You agree not to modify the Software in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the Software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Service. You agree not to access the Service by any means other than through the interface that is provided by CHC for use in accessing the Service.
CHC and the CHC logo are trademarks and service marks of CHC and other CHC logos and product and service names are trademarks and service marks of CHC (collectively, the "CHC Marks"). Without CHC's prior permission, you agree not to display or use in any manner, the CHC Marks.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. CHC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- CHC MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM CHC OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOS.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT CHC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF CHC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY INCLUDING ADVERTISERS ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
- EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN SECTIONS 16 AND 17 ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS
- PAYMENT AND REFUND POLICY FOR ELDERS. CHC includes use of the web-based Services (with the exception of any premium subscription services) in the charge for our basic home care services. Unless specifically notified otherwise, Elders are NOT obligated to pay for the service of the Site. Elders who sign up for premium services, including goods and services available from third parties (if any), agree to pay CHC all charges at the prices then in effect for any purchases made at the Site. In addition, Elders authorize CHC to charge their chosen payment provider for use of the Site. CHC reserves the right to correct any errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment.
CHC may provide you with notices by email, regular mail, or postings on the Service.
- NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT
CHC respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. CHC may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, disable and/or terminate the accounts of Members and prohibit the use of the Service by certain users who may be repeat infringers. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please contact CHC immediately at email@example.com with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or other intellectual property right owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
Independent Contractors. Nothing contained in the TOS shall be construed to constitute either party as a partner, employee or agent of the other party, nor shall either party hold itself out as such. Each party has no right or authority to incur, assume or create, in writing or otherwise, any warranty, liability or other obligation of any kind, express or implied, in the name of or on behalf of the other party, it being intended by both parties that each shall remain an independent contractor responsible for its own actions.
Choice of Law and Forum. The TOS and the relationship between you and CHC shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and CHC agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Suffolk, Massachusetts.
Waiver and Severability of Terms. The failure of CHC to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect.
Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TOS must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Violations. Please report any violations of the TOS to CHC at firstname.lastname@example.org .